How do I look for books at the library?
Use the Library Catalog to search for books and other library materials. Current students may check out books from the Circulation Collection for four weeks at a time. Bring the book(s) you want and your Student ID to the Circulation Desk.
Check out the Top Tips for Searching the RCC Library Catalog video on YouTube or read the following condensed version of the top tips.
• Use Nouns as Search Terms – person, place, thing, idea. Omit little words (of, an, in, on, the, a)
• No Sentences – Just keywords
• Spelling Counts – misspellings = zero results
• No Punctuation – it will only slow you down
• For articles, search the Library Databases instead
• Write Down the Call Number to find the book on the shelf